Moscow Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) is comprised of seven paid staff along with nearly 100 dedicated volunteers and resident firefighters. We are here to respond to emergencies and promote fire and general public safety in Moscow and the surrounding areas.
Additional Service & Volunteer Demographics
Many of our members volunteer countless additional hours in charitable organizations, IDL forest protection, and other activities. Some of us are involved in military service, others homemakers. We are college students, parents, family members and full-time staff seeking to make safety work and work well, for the benefit of all Moscow residents.
We, the members of the Moscow Volunteer Fire Department, dedicate our efforts to the preservation of life, the protection of property and the safety of our personnel.
To this end, it is the responsibility of each member of the department to subscribe to the following values:
For the Community
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- Provide quality service as efficiently as possible.
- Lives are more valuable than property.
- All members of the public are entitled to our best efforts.
- We will provide professional and courteous service at all times.
For the Department
- We strive for excellence in all we do, accomplished through training, education and proactive leadership.
- Honesty, fairness and integrity will not be compromised.
- Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage as individuals and as an organization.
- Members are continually encouraged to improve themselves for their good and the good of the department.