Business Retention & Expansion
In today's economy companies are always looking for ways to grow responsibly. With each day the business world becomes more and more global, and these companies have the potential to expand and/or relocate anywhere in the world. For this reason, the City of Moscow has made it a top priority to focus on retaining existing businesses and ensuring their growth.
To accomplish this, we have begun to proactively set up one-on-one on-site company visits. Building relationships with employers through an organized and consistent Business Retention and Expansion program can over time lead to significant economic impacts and more productive economic development efforts. The strength of any locality is in relationships: personal, business and organizational.
We want to help businesses in Moscow and the surrounding area connect with city, county and state resources. Another goal of our on-site visits is simply to get to know our business owners and management teams, and to thank them for locating their businesses here in Moscow.
Goals for the Moscow Expansion / Retention site visits:
- Identify issues that impede business growth
- Assist existing businesses with resolving issues
- Build relationships and express an appreciation to community businesses for their contribution to the local and state economy
- Facilitate businesses access to state and federal programs designed to improve their competitiveness
- Identify opportunities for the City of Moscow to help businesses thrive
Schedule a Visit
If you are a business in the City of Moscow and would like to schedule a retention or expansion visit, please call 208-883-7007 or email Jeffrey B. Jones, AICP to set up an appointment.