Grind / Mix / Pave Project
This project consists of grinding, mixing, and compacting approximately 4300 square yards of existing asphalt with the underlying roadway base material and then placing a 4-inch thick layer of hot mix asphalt on ‘F’ St. (Lincoln St. to Hayes St.) and on Adams St. (3rd St. to ‘A’ St.). This project also consists of milling a 2-inch section of asphalt that is approximately 850 square yards on Line St. (SH-8 to ‘A’ St.), placing pavement overlay geotextile, and then paving 2-inch layer of new hot mix asphalt.
Line St. will be closed during the day while work is performed, but open during evenings and weekends. Adams St. and 'F' Street will also be closed during the day while work is performed, but will remain closed to everyone except local traffic during evenings and weekends. Citizens are asked to be aware of detours set up around these locations.
Week of July 28th to August 1st
- Line & 'A' Streets have been paved and are open to traffic!
- 'F' Street has been paved and is opened to traffic to allow a detour route while construction of the water main is taking place at the Polk and Public intersection.
- Adams street will remain closed this week while final grading and paving takes place. The current schedule is as follows:
- Monday - Wednesday: Final grading and roadway base preparation.
- Thursday: Paving first layer of asphalt pavement.
- Friday: adjust all manhole lids and water valves to final surface grade.
- Next Monday: Final layer of paving and then opened back up to traffic!
Detour routes remain set up this week at both the 'F' Street and Adams Street locations to help assist drivers and pedestrians around the work sites (See detour maps under Documents).
Thank you for your patience during construction. These repairs will help to keep our streets in good condition for everyone to use.