City of Moscow Fire Officials have announced the 2013 spring burning season will begin April 13 and end April 28, 2013. Open burning is allowed for garden waste, tree trimmings, and brush only.
The following conditions are required for open burning:
1. Burning shall be at a distance of at least 25 feet from any building, structure or other combustible material when the pile size is 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height. Anything larger shall be 50 feet or more from any structure or other combustible material.
2. A garden hose with water supply or other fire extinguishing equipment shall be on hand and a competent person will be at the burn site at all times until the fire has been totally extinguished. Persons who are burning debris must be in legal control of the lot or parcel of land on which the burning is to take place.
3. There will be no burning on public land.
4. No waste matter shall be burned which will, in the burning process, produce toxic, dense or offensive odors.
5. No burning will be allowed after dark and persons who are burning debris will make sure that all fires are totally extinguished before leaving the site.
6. No demolition or construction site burning is permitted during this burning period.
7. This burning period shall not include lot burning, leaves, grass trimmings or any rubbish containing paper products.
8. A written permit is not required for this burning period; however, it should be noted that persons who do not meet all of the above requirements may be subject to fines as per the City of Moscow Code.
9. Burning will be ordered immediately discontinued if the Fire Chief on duty determines that smoke emissions are offensive to occupants of surrounding property or if open burning is determined by the Fire Chief to constitute a hazardous condition.
For more information, please call the Moscow Fire Department at (208) 882-2831.