Art will go mobile this month as the SMART buses in Moscow, Idaho become travelling galleries. Collaborative works from local and national artists, including University of Idaho students, will be on display for Poetry on Busses June 7 to June 21, 2013.
The event is a partnership between the Moscow Arts Commission and Broadsided Press, an online organization that brings poetry off the printed page and into the public eye by creating monthly downloadable broadsides using submitted materials from artists around the nation. Twelve poetry and visual art collaborations will be displayed on 11"x17" sheets, called broadsides, inside each of the buses.
Broadsides from Moscow poet Robert Wrigley and local artists Stacy Isenbarger and Katherine Clancy will be on display during a live poetry reading at the Intermodal Transit Center during the Artwalk kickoff on June 14, 2013 from 3 to 4 p.m. Wrigley will conduct a reading of his poem, "Spring is Here," and University of Idaho alumni Ross Clifford, Jonah Sandford, and Carli Trail will also read. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and broadsides will be on display through June 21, 2013.
- Bob Wrigley: "Spring is Here" featuring local artist Stacy Isenbarger
- Bob Wrigley: "Spring is Here" featuring local artist Katherine Clancy
- Jonah Sandford: "I Gazed at the Face of the Pacific" featuring art from UI student Anna Marlin
- Jared Montgomery: "The Invisible Line" featuring art from UI student Elizabeth Gibson
- Richard Hoffman: "Forgiveness" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Kate Baird
- Amy MacLennan: "Replacing the Window in Downtown Medford" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Lochlann Jain
- Carli Trail: "Lange" featuring art from UI student Kelsee Morefield
- Ross Clifford: "Robert Johnson" featuring art from UI student Hailey Hirst
- Gabriel Welsch: "No Diving" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Jim Benning
- Christopher Citro: "Stop Doing That" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Amy Meissner
- Lisa Gluskin Stonestreet: "Certain, Impossible, Likely" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Se Thut Quon
- Karen Weyant: "Advice for Women on the Graveyard Shift" featuring art from Broadsided Press production artist Alesia F. Norling
For more information on the Poetry on Busses exhibit, please contact the Moscow Arts Department at 208.883.7036.