The Moscow Police Department is organizing a National Night Out, "America's Night Out Against Crime" event on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 from 6 – 9 p.m. The event will be held in the Applebee's parking lot at 105 Warbonnet Drive in Moscow, Idaho. The event is free and open to the public.
Activities at the event will include the following:
- Moscow Police Department – patrol car, motorcycle and bicycle displays
- Moscow Volunteer Ambulance – ambulance displays
- Moscow Volunteer Fire Department – truck displays
- Car seat checks
- Prescription drug drop off
- Blood pressure checks
- Drunk goggles with toss game
- Alive at 25 materials
- Prize drawings
- A visit from McGruff the crime prevention dog
- Information on crime prevention for all ages
- Live radio station coverage from 6 - 8 p.m. – Bull Country 99.5 FM and MyRadio 102.5 FM
National Night Out, "America's Night Out Against Crime" began as an effort to promote involvement in crime prevention activities, police-community partnerships, and sending a message to criminals letting them know that communities are organized and fighting back. National Night Out now involves over 37 million people and 15,000 communities from all fifty states, U.S. Territories, Canadian cities, and military bases worldwide.
If you have questions or would like more information, please call Lieutenant James Fry at 208.883.7054.