Moscow Farmers Market
The Moscow Farmers Market has been a treasured and vibrant part of the community since its inception in 1977 as a small grass-roots gathering. This Saturday event celebrates local farmers, artisans, and musicians by providing them with an opportunity to interact directly with the community and its visitors. Highlights include farmed and/or created agricultural products (e.g., crops, meat, cheese, wine, etc.), distinctive handmade goods, artisan pieces, and original-recipe cuisine. This venue is meant to encourage and support sustainable economic, social, and environmental practices.
The Market operates every Saturday, May through October from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Downtown Moscow. This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted. For health and safety reasons pets, emotional support animals, and non-ADA service animals are limited to the sidewalks. Emotional support animals are not covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and are not permitted in the main thoroughfare with their owners.
SNAP/EBT, WA WIC, and WA SFMNP benefits are welcome at the Moscow Farmers Market. Visit the City of Moscow and Backyard Harvest information tents to learn more.
Stay Informed and Connected
Farmers Market Commission
Market Leadership is formed by a collaboration of City of Moscow staff and a Farmers Market Commission comprised of community residents, vendors, and other representatives. City staff manages the operational and regulatory aspects of the Market while Commission members guide the vision and values.
It is the duty of the Commission to suggest ways to promote and improve the Moscow Farmers Market, propose and/or review Market policies, keep abreast of trends and opportunities for advancing Market interests, products, standards, and offerings, and to otherwise act in an advisory role to the Moscow City Council.
The Commission meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 206 E. Third Street, Moscow, Idaho. Meetings are open to the public.
Stay in-the-know about upcoming market activities, programs, and music by subscribing to our e-newsletter and following the directions on the webpage.
2019 Season Announcements
- The 2019 Market season has concluded! We'll see everyone on May 2, 2020!!!
- Kick off National Farmers Market Week with the Moscow Farmers Market! The fun begins Saturday, August 3rd in Friendship Square at 9 a.m. with fun events and yummy treats. Continue the celebration all week long by following the Moscow Farmers Market on Facebook to learn about the importance of farmers markets around the country and the state of Idaho. Finish the week with an interactive historical display at the Farmers Market Commission table in Friendship Square on Saturday, August 10th.
- Vendor applications for the 2019 season have closed. If you would like more information on becoming a vendor for the 2020 season, please email email@example.com.
- The final Craft and Food Jury scheduled for the 2019 season is full. If you are interested in becoming a vendor for the 2020 season please contact the Community Events Division later this year to learn about jury dates. Visit the “How to be a Vendor” page for more information.
- The June 7th Craft and Food Jury is full. Reservations are still available for the June 28th Jury. Visit the “How to be a Vendor” page for more information.
- Congratulations to the 2019 Moscow Farmers Market Poster winner artist Stephen Clark! Stephen will be at the Market on opening day, Saturday, May 4th signing a limited number of posters. Stop by the City of Moscow information tent to pick-up your signed copy while supplies last.
- Thanks for voting for 2019 Moscow Farmers Market Poster! Voting began at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, April 12 and remained open until 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, April 21. Following this voting period, the totals will be tallied, and the entry with the most votes will be declared the official 2019 Moscow Farmers Market Poster. Please note, the final poster may be subject to edits. Voting page: Market Poster Contest
- The Poster Contest has closed. Thank you to all the artists that submitted entries for this year’s contest.
- The Moscow Farmers Market is hiring! Be a part of the Market Team and a Palouse Tradition. Open position: Community Events Programs Coordinator
- The March Craft and Food Jury is full. Reservations are still available for the June 7th and 28th Juries. Visit the “How to be a Vendor” page for more information.
- Now accepting submissions for the 2019 Moscow Farmers Market poster contest. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Visit the Market Poster Contest page for more information.
- Craft and Food Jury Reservation form now live. Jury dates are set for March 15, June 7, and June 28. Visit the “How to be a Vendor” page for more information.
- The deadline for performer applications has passed, but you can still be added to the wait list. Apply online at: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/FormCenter/Farmers-Market-22/Moscow-Farmers-Market-Music-Application-68
- Opening Day - May 4, 2019; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Main Street and Friendship Square
- Farmers Market Commission Meetings - Open to the Public
- 1st Tuesday of each month at 4 p.m. at City Hall - 206 E Third Street, Moscow, Idaho