Moscow Farmers Market
The Moscow Farmers Market has been a treasured and vibrant part of the community since its inception in 1977 as a small grass-roots gathering. This Saturday event celebrates local farmers, artisans, and musicians by providing them with an opportunity to interact directly with the community and its visitors. Highlights include farmed and/or created agricultural products (e.g., crops, meat, cheese, wine, etc.), distinctive handmade goods, artisan pieces, and original-recipe cuisine. This venue is meant to encourage and support sustainable economic, social, and environmental practices.
The Market operates every Saturday, May through October from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Downtown Moscow. This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted. For health and safety reasons pets, emotional support animals, and non-ADA service animals are limited to the sidewalks. Emotional support animals are not covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and are not permitted in the main thoroughfare with their owners.
SNAP/EBT, WA WIC, and WA SFMNP benefits are welcome at the Moscow Farmers Market. Visit the City of Moscow and Backyard Harvest information tents to learn more.
Stay Informed and Connected
Farmers Market Commission
Market Leadership is formed by a collaboration of City of Moscow staff and a Farmers Market Commission comprised of community residents, vendors, and other representatives. City staff manages the operational and regulatory aspects of the Market while Commission members guide the vision and values.
It is the duty of the Commission to suggest ways to promote and improve the Moscow Farmers Market, propose and/or review Market policies, keep abreast of trends and opportunities for advancing Market interests, products, standards, and offerings, and to otherwise act in an advisory role to the Moscow City Council.
The Commission meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 206 E. Third Street, Moscow, Idaho. Meetings are open to the public.
Stay in-the-know about upcoming market activities, programs, and music by subscribing to our e-newsletter and following the directions on the webpage.
2020 Season Announcements
- The Moscow City Council, Mayor Bill Lambert, and City of Moscow Administration have been in active preparation in response to COVID-19. Following Mayor Lambert’s local emergency proclamation for Moscow, Idaho issued on March 13, 2020 the City has taken steps to prevent and mitigate potential effects of the COVID-19 outbreak by establishing closures, postponements, and adjustments to many City services. The following Moscow Farmers Market services impacted are:
- March 23 and 27 Craft and Food Juries - These Juries have been postponed until further notice. Prospective vendors who submitted a reservation form prior to the deadline will be notified once future Jury dates have been identified.
- Opening Day (May 2) - The first day of the Moscow Farmers Market has been canceled. Further scheduling will continue to be assessed and evaluated; all preparation meetings will be managed electronically or online, with a weekly evaluation of the situation and potential alternatives to be considered.
- Voting for the 2020 Moscow Farmers Market poster starts TONIGHT at 8 pm! View the finalists’ designs and select your favorite at www.ci.moscow.id.us/206/Market-Poster-Contest. The voting period runs through Friday, March 27.
- Reservation for the first Craft and Food Jury has ended. There are still two more Juries this Market season: March 23 and March 27. For more information, visit www.ci.moscow.id.us/615/Prospective-Vendors.
- Join our Community Events Division team! The City of Moscow is seeking a Programs Coordinator to assist with the Moscow Farmers Market and other City-sponsored events. For more information, visit https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/349/Open-Positions.
- The 2020 Craft and Food Jury reservation form is available for prospective vendors. For more information, visit www.ci.moscow.id.us/615/Prospective-Vendors.
- Calling all artists! The Poster Contest for the 2020 market season has been posted. For more information, visit www.ci.moscow.id.us/206/Market-Poster-Contest. The deadline to submit a poster design with a complete entry form is Wednesday, February 26, 2020 by 5 pm.