Moscow Farmers Market
The Moscow Farmers Market has been a treasured and vibrant part of the community since its inception in 1977 as a small grass-roots gathering. This Saturday event celebrates local farmers, artisans, and musicians by providing them with an opportunity to interact directly with the community and its visitors. Highlights include farmed and/or created agricultural products (e.g., crops, meat, cheese, wine, etc.), distinctive handmade goods, artisan pieces, and original-recipe cuisine. This venue is meant to encourage and support sustainable economic, social, and environmental practices.
The Market operates every Saturday, May through October from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Downtown Moscow. This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted. For health and safety reasons pets, emotional support animals, and non-ADA service animals are limited to the sidewalks. Emotional support animals are not covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and are not permitted in the main thoroughfare with their owners. For more information on planning your visit to the Moscow Farmers Market, see our Patrons & Shoppers section.
SNAP/EBT, WA WIC, and WA SFMNP benefits are welcome at the Moscow Farmers Market. Visit the City of Moscow and Backyard Harvest information tents to learn more.
Stay Informed and Connected
Farmers Market Commission
Market Leadership is formed through a collaboration of City of Moscow staff and a Farmers Market Commission comprised of community residents, vendors, and other representatives. City staff manages the operational and regulatory aspects of the Market while Commission members guide the vision and values.
It is the duty of the Commission to suggest ways to promote and improve the Moscow Farmers Market, propose and/or review Market policies, keep abreast of trends and opportunities for advancing Market interests, products, standards, and offerings, and to otherwise act in an advisory role to the Moscow City Council.
The Commission meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 206 E. Third Street, Moscow, Idaho. Meetings are open to the public.
Stay in-the-know about upcoming market activities, programs, and music by subscribing to our e-newsletter and following the directions on the webpage.
2021 Season Announcements
- Motor-In Moscow Farmers Market Returns: The City of Moscow Community Events Division welcomes members of the community to participate with the Motor-In Moscow Farmers Market for the 2021 season. Similar to last year, customers may shop from participating vendors at https://www.localline.ca/motor-in-moscow-farmers-market. Read the full news release here.
- Entertainment to return July 3: Per the direction of City Council, Moscow Farmers Market live performances and entertainment will return on Sat. July 3 during the 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. time slot.
- Local Designer Selected for Visual Toolkit: The Farmers Market Commission has selected artist Julene Ewert to create the visual design toolkit for the Moscow Farmers Market. Out of the six applicants, Julene was selected for her expertise and extensive portfolio.
- 2021 Moscow Farmers Market Poster Selected: Congratulations to artist Megan Biggs for her artwork being selected to be featured on this year's Moscow Farmers Market poster! View Megan's artwork here. A limited number of free posters are available at the City of Moscow Information Tent each Saturday and may also be found at the Moscow Chamber of Commerce.
- Craft & Food Juries Closed for the 2021 Season: The Moscow Farmers Market is no longer accepting new Vendors for the 2021 season. The final Craft & Food Jury was held on Fri. Mar. 26. Individuals interested in becoming a Vendor with the Moscow Farmers Market for the 2022 season are encouraged to review the Prospective Vendor webpage for additional information.
- Voting Now Open for 2021 Moscow Farmers Market Poster Art: Members of the public may vote for their favorite artist design beginning Fri., March 5 at 8 a.m. This year, the public will be able to view an online gallery and cast their vote by visiting http://bit.ly/mfmpostervote2021. The voting period closes on Fri., March 26 at 8 am. The design with the most votes will be selected as the primary design feature for the 2021 Moscow Farmers Market poster. Read the full news release here.
- Performance Applications Now Open for Live Entertainment: Interested performers are to apply via the City of Moscow website and indicate their preferred performance time of either 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and available performance dates. The application is available at www.ci.moscow.id.us/formcenter/farmers-market-22/moscow-farmers-market-performance-applic-68. Submitted applications do not guarantee a scheduled performance at the Moscow Farmers Market. Scheduled performances are subject to additional safety measures as determined by Community Events Division staff pending local and/or state requirements and recommendations. See amended Public Health Emergency Order 2020-03 for current public safety measures. Read the full news release here.
- Craft & Food Juries Open to Prospective Vendors: The City of Moscow Community Events Division and Farmers Market Commission invites individuals with small, independent and start-up enterprises to participate in the annual Moscow Farmers Market Craft and Food juries. Participants that receive a qualifying score are eligible to become a vendor with the Moscow Farmers Market for the 2021 season. Prospective vendors are encouraged to submit reservation forms for one of three jury dates. Reservations must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the following dates: Feb. 24 for the March 5 jury, March 3 for the March 12 jury, and March 17 for the March 26 jury. To make a reservation click here. Read the full news release here.
- Market Seeks Design Professionals for Visual Toolkit: The City of Moscow and Farmers Market Commission invite graphic design professionals to submit qualifications for a design toolkit to serve the brand identity of the Moscow Farmers Market with the City of Moscow Community Events Division. The deadline to submit materials is Fri., March 19 by 5 p.m. To view the full RFQ guidelines click here. Read the full news release here.
- Annual Moscow Farmers Market Poster: The Community Events Division and Farmers Market Commission invites artists to submit visual artwork to be featured as the primary design element for the 2021 Moscow Farmers Market poster! The deadline to submit artwork is Wed., Feb. 24 by 5 p.m. For information on this year’s submission requirements, visit the Market Poster webpage. Read the full news release here.