Historically, the Moscow Farmers Market has held a Poster Contest to invite artists to design all aspects of a poster for the upcoming Market season. Submitted posters were narrowed down to finalists, which were then voted on by the public. The poster with the most votes was proclaimed the winner of the contest, with their design representing the Market for the entire season.
In 2021, we are inviting artists to only submit artwork for the Moscow Farmers Market poster rather than design a complete poster. This process is similar to the one administered by the Arts Department for the annual Artwalk poster. The finalist will still be selected by public vote and the selected artwork will be the main feature and primary design element of the final poster.
Artists may submit artwork materials via Submittable. Emailed or physical submissions will not be accepted.
Eligibility & Submissions
- In keeping with the spirt of the Moscow Farmers Market, artists residing in a 200 air-mile radius from Moscow, Idaho are eligible to submit artwork. Students from the following schools are exempt from this restriction: University of Idaho, New Saint Andrews College, Washington State University, and Lewis-Clark State College.
- Artists may only submit one entry.
- Submissions must portray one or more of the following themes:
- A farm setting
- A scene at the Moscow Farmers Market
- The social culture of the Moscow Farmers Market
- A collection or assemblage of products available at the Moscow Farmers Market
- Submissions may be in any 2D medium including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, crayon, marker, original graphic art, etc. or a photography of a 3D art piece.
- Submissions featuring design elements that portray out of area produce not available at the Moscow Farmers Market are not considered (i.e. bananas, avocados, pineapples, etc.).
- Submissions must be of original design and any picture(s) or graphic(s) used must belong to the artist.
2020 Moscow Farmers Market poster
Announcing the winner of the 2020 Moscow Farmers Market poster contest, Christiana Dara Wells! Get your limited edition signed copy at the Moscow Farmers Market, while supplies last.