Two Parking Enforcement Specialists enforce the parking regulations of the City of Moscow, Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM. Patrol officers enforce parking regulations after hours and on weekends.
Paying Parking Violations
Payment for parking violations may be made by:
- Mailing the parking ticket and fine to Moscow Police Department, 155 Southview Avenue, Moscow, ID 83843, or
- Paying the parking violation in person Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm at the Moscow Police Department, or
- Accessing the Pay Ticket button at the bottom of the page (gray bar).
Contesting Parking Violations
If you wish to contest the parking violation, you must do so within 15 days after the parking violation has been written. Contest forms may be picked up and filled out at the police department or accessed by clicking on the Pay Ticket button below. This form will be forwarded, once completed, to the City Prosecutor’s office for determination. A letter will be mailed to you in regard to the parking violation, as to whether you will have to pay the parking violation or whether the City Prosecutor determines to dismiss the violation.
Wheel Lock Information
If you receive three (3) or more parking violations, and these parking tickets are all over the 15-day grace period, your vehicle will be subject to a wheel lock. At that time, you will need to report to the Moscow Police Department to pay all parking violation fines and a wheel lock fee of $100.00. Once these fines and fees have been paid, the wheel lock will be released from your vehicle
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please call Dianna Erickson at (208) 883-7056.
The City of Moscow has allotted 155 “Green” Parking Permits for citizens. These Green Parking Permits allow permit holders to leave their vehicle parked in a designated Green Parking Lot beyond the downtown three-hour time limit and overnight. Click here for the map designated green parking lots.
Cost for the Permits
Monthly - $52.00
Quarterly - $130.00
Annually - $370.00
Prices effective October 1, 2022
- Permits may be purchased at the Moscow Police Department at 155 Southview Avenue in person. Unfortunately, at this time, they cannot be purchased online or over the phone.
- Placement of permit on vehicle: Permits must be placed in the upper right-hand side of the vehicle’s back window in order to be valid. Please see link above for reference.
- Permits can be assigned to up to two vehicles, but can only be used in one vehicle at a time.
- Parking permits are non-transferrable.
- There may be a waitlist for a permit so it might not be immediately available upon request.
- Once issued, it is the permit holders’ responsibility to renew their parking pass within five business days of its expiration date. If the permit holder fails to do so they may be placed on a waitlist until a permit is made available.