- Administration, Finance, & Public Safety
- Utility Billing Service Forms
Utility Billing Service Forms
What is the Property Owner Application Form?
On February 16, 2021, the Moscow City Council adopted Resolution 2021-01 which approved a process change for establishing utility accounts with the City. To address non-payment of utilities and the associated impact on the cost of service for all users, a change in practice is required to include a more formal utility billing process between the City and its utility customers. This change applies to ALL City utility account holders.
To comply with Resolution 2021-01, property owners must complete a Property Owner Application to request services for city utilities, which includes, but is not limited to, water, sewer, sanitation, stormwater and streetlights. This revised process provides clarity and efficiency as we work with property owners to avoid past due and unpaid bills. By implementing this revised billing practice with all property owners, the City will proactively address these unpaid balances and significantly reduce the impacts of unpaid bills on all customers.
What if I rent my property?
A second form, the Property Owner Tenant Directive, is provided for property owners/managers who would like to have the City make payment arrangements directly with their tenants. This form provides permission for the City of Moscow to bill the tenant directly. A new Property Owner Tenant Directive is required for each new tenant.
How do I complete my form(s)?
Property Owner Application:
- Click on Property Owner Application Form - Submit Electronically (to the right of this page). Complete the form and submit it electronically.
- Download the Property Owner Application fillable PDF form (to the right of this page). Complete the form, scan and send it directly to email@example.com.
Tenant Utility Billing Directive:
- Download the Property Owner Tenant Directive fillable PDF form (to the right of this page). Complete the form with your tenant, scan and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I need to submit my completed form(s)?
Immediately upon taking ownership of a new property, regardless of it being a primary residence or investment property. For investment property owners who would like the City to make payment arrangements directly with their tenants, a Property Owner Tenant Directive must be submitted with each new tenant.