June 4, 2020 (Moscow, Idaho) -- The Moscow Farmers Market continues its tradition of connecting local vendors with the community on Main Street and Friendship Square. The public is welcome to shop for fresh, perishable, agricultural products offered by select vendors as part of the Moscow Farmers Market's modified operations in response to COVID-19. The Moscow Farmers Market occurs every Sat., Jun. through Oct., 8 am to 1 pm.
Help staff and vendors keep the Market open by abiding by the following guidelines:
- Do not enter the Market if you are sick.
- The hours of 8:00 am to 9:30 am are reserved for at-risk patrons to shop (at-risk is defined by the CDC as older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions).
- No more than 50 patrons may be in the Market footprint at any given time.
- Patrons will queue up and enter the Market via the 6th Street entrance, once directed by staff.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to exit via 3rd Street to help staff keep an accurate count of patrons.
- Patrons utilizing the temporary ADA parking in the first bay of the Jackson Street lot may enter the Market from Friendship Square, once directed by staff.
- Observe the Market's six foot social distancing cues while shopping and waiting in line.
- Shop efficiently:
- Make a list and check it twice
- Send one household member to shop when possible
- Limit interactions with other patrons and vendors
- Do not touch vendor products and allow vendors to handle and bag your purchase. Patrons bringing their own reusable bags must bag their own products. Please wash reusable bags prior to bringing to Market.
- Observe proper hand hygiene. Wash/sanitize hands frequently by using the handwashing and hand sanitizer stations throughout the Market.
- Use contactless mobile payment applications when available to minimize contact.
These guidelines will be posted at each Market entrance. Guidelines will update and adapt to the changing needs of the Moscow Farmers Market and the phased re-opening as outlined in the Idaho Rebound Plan. Failure of patrons to social distance may result in the Moscow Farmers Market being shut down for the 2020 season.
Whether it's your first time visiting the Market, or you've been a core shopper since its inception, here are a few regular reminders:
- SNAP/EBT, WA WIC, and WA SFMNP benefits are welcome at the Moscow Farmers Market by select vendors.
- For health and safety reasons pets, emotional support animals, and non-ADA service animals are limited to the sidewalks during Market hours. Emotional support animals are not covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and are not permitted in the main thoroughfare with their owners.
- The Moscow Farmers Market is one of several Moscow participants in the Bicycle Benefits program. Learn more about the financial incentive of riding your bicycle safely to the Market at https://www.bicyclebenefits.org/.
- The Moscow Farmers Market is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted.
Visit the following resources for additional information about changes and modifications to the Moscow Farmers Market:
For regular updates about the Moscow Farmers Market and its vendors, find us on Facebook @MoscowFarmersMarket