April 28, 2021 (Moscow, Idaho) —
The Moscow Farmers Market returns on May 1 to celebrate local farmers, makers and artisans for the 2021 season!
Opening day programming features include:
- The Moscow Tree Commission distributing free tree seedlings in honor of Arbor Day. This year’s tree species are sugar maple, incense cedar, chokecherry, and limber pine. Tree Commission members are also available to answer questions about proper tree pruning techniques. Patrons may engage with City Commissions at the Market on various topics throughout the season.
- A double payout on Bicycle Benefits! May is National Bike Month and staff will be distributing $4 in Bicycle Benefits tokens per visit throughout May to celebrate this sustainable mode of transportation. Show staff your bike helmet with the Bicycle Benefits sticker and receive the incentive. Tokens may be used to shop from all Vendors. Don’t have a Bicycle Benefits sticker? Stickers are available for purchase at the City Tent for $5.
Here are a few reminders to plan a visit to the Moscow Farmers Market for opening day:
- Amended Public Health Emergency Order No. 20-03 is still in effect and face coverings are required in outdoor public settings when individuals are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance from others outside their household.
- 8 to 9 a.m. is the designated shopping hour for at-risk individuals.
- Live Entertainment in Friendship Square is scheduled to return on July 3rd.
- SNAP/EBT, Washington WIC, and Washington SFMNP benefits are welcome by select Vendors.
- Pets, emotional support animals and comfort animals are limited to downtown sidewalks during Market hours. Only Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) service animals are permitted on Main Street. Emotional support, therapy and comfort animals are not covered by the ADA.
- This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted.
The Moscow Farmers Market runs every Sat., May through Oct., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Moscow on Main Street and Friendship Square. The Motor-In Moscow Farmers Market curbside service is available for prepaid pick up every Sat., May through Oct., 8 to 10 a.m. in the first parking bay behind Friendship Square in the Jackson Street parking lot.
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market online for more information: www.ci.moscow.id.us/197/Farmers-Marketwww.localline.ca/motor-in-moscow-farmers-marketwww.facebook.com/MoscowFarmersMarket www.instagram.com/cityofmoscowid/
Story Contact: Amanda Argona, Community Events Manager