June 16, 2021 (Moscow, Idaho) —
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market every Saturday for fresh produce, plants and flowers, handmade artisan goods, local food, and education outreach activities.
This Saturday to feature:
- Bicycle Benefits! City staff will be distributing $2 in Bicycle Benefits tokens per visit to celebrate this sustainable mode of transportation. Show staff your bike helmet with the Bicycle Benefits sticker and receive the incentive. Tokens may be used to shop from all Vendors. Don’t have a Bicycle Benefits sticker? Stickers are available for purchase at the City Tent for $5.
- Moscow Volunteer Fire Department personnel and EMTs providing information on their services, as well as activities for participants.
- UI College of Agricultural & Life Sciences (CALS) will have a booth on 5th Street with Master Gardeners. UI Extension’s Idaho Master Gardener Program provides gardeners with opportunities to improve their horticultural knowledge and skills as well as serve their communities. “Helping people grow” is the motto of the program. The theme for the month is “What about those Pollinators?”
Here are a few reminders to plan a visit to the Moscow Farmers Market:
- 8 to 9 a.m. is the designated shopping hour for at-risk individuals.
- Live Entertainment in Friendship Square is scheduled to return on July 3rd.
- SNAP/EBT, Washington WIC, and Washington SFMNP benefits are welcome by select Vendors.
- Pets, emotional support animals and comfort animals are limited to downtown sidewalks during Market hours. Only Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) service animals are permitted on Main Street. Emotional support, therapy and comfort animals are not covered by the ADA.
- This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted.
The Moscow Farmers Market runs every Sat., May through Oct., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Moscow on Main Street and Friendship Square. The Motor-In Moscow Farmers Market curbside service is available for prepaid pick up every Sat., June through Oct., 8 to 10 a.m. in the 4th
Street cul-de-sac off of Washington Street. Customers can also walk up or bike to the City Tent by the clock and fountain to collect orders.
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market online for more information: www.ci.moscow.id.us/197/Farmers-Marketwww.localline.ca/motor-in-moscow-farmers-marketwww.facebook.com/MoscowFarmersMarket www.instagram.com/cityofmoscowid/
Story Contact: Amanda Argona, Community Events Manager