July 27, 2021 (Moscow, Idaho) —
Join the Moscow Farmers Market Free Range Veggie Crew in Friendship Square to celebrate National Farmers Market Week! This family friendly event will include dancing, treats, games, and prize drawings.
Now in its 22nd year, National Farmers Market Week (NFMW) is an annual celebration that highlights the vital role farmers markets play in the nation’s food system. Amidst a global pandemic and nationwide change, it is now more important than ever for markets to bring people together!
This year’s Celebration features:
- A Veggie Shimmy Dancy Party at 9:30 am. Dress up like your favorite produce and lettuce turnip the beet.
- Prize Basket Drawings at 10:30 am. Enter your name to win one of four themed baskets. Submit your entry at the City of Moscow Information Tent on Sat., July 31st and Sat., Aug. 7th:
- I Knead You – Put those bread making skills to use and jazz up the bread with a variety of toppings!
- Surprise Grab Bag – A basket full of artisan goods.
- BBQ with You – Everything you need for a lovely picnic, including a game or two.
- Treat Yourself – A basket full of relaxation and pampering.
- Serving Treats at 11:00 am: Enjoy free treats made with regional ingredients.
The Moscow Farmers Market runs every Sat., May through Oct., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Moscow on Main Street and Friendship Square.
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market online for more information: www.ci.moscow.id.us/197/Farmers-Marketwww.facebook.com/MoscowFarmersMarket www.instagram.com/cityofmoscowid/
Story Contact: Amanda Argona, Community Events Manager