August 4, 2021 (Moscow, Idaho) —
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market every Saturday for fresh produce, plants and flowers, handmade artisan goods, local food, and education outreach activities.
This Saturday to feature:
- National Farmers Market Week Celebration! Join Moscow Farmers Market Commission for this family friendly event beginning at 9:30 for a morning of dancing, games, prize basket drawings, and treats with regional ingredients. The prize basket themes this year include: I Knead You, BBQ With You, Treat Yourself and Surprise Grab Bag. Market Vendors have donated their products and the baskets are each valued around $300! Enter to win until 10 a.m on Saturday. Must be present to win.
- Bicycle Benefits! This week, Moscow Farmers Market Commission members will be distributing $2 in Bicycle Benefits tokens per visit to celebrate this sustainable mode of transportation. They will be at a table in Friendship Square. Show your bike helmet with the Bicycle Benefits sticker and receive the incentive. Tokens may be used to shop from all Vendors. Don’t have a Bicycle Benefits sticker? Stickers are available for purchase for $5.
Here are a few reminders to plan a visit to the Moscow Farmers Market:
- 8 to 9 a.m. is the designated shopping hour for at-risk individuals.
- SNAP/EBT, Washington WIC, and Washington SFMNP benefits are welcome by select Vendors.
- Pets, emotional support animals and comfort animals are limited to downtown sidewalks during Market hours. Only Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) service animals are permitted on Main Street. Emotional support, therapy and comfort animals are not covered by the ADA.
- This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted.
The Moscow Farmers Market runs every Sat., May through Oct., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Moscow on Main Street and Friendship Square.
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market online for more information: www.ci.moscow.id.us/197/Farmers-Marketwww.facebook.com/MoscowFarmersMarket www.instagram.com/cityofmoscowid/
Story Contact: Amanda Argona, Community Events Manager