August 18, 2021 (Moscow, Idaho) —
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market every Saturday for fresh produce, plants and flowers, handmade artisan goods, local food, and education outreach activities.
This Saturday to feature:
- Safe Routes to School in Friendship Square. They will give out bike helmets and route maps and a demonstration at 9 a.m.
- Live Entertainment in Friendship Square. Discover new performers and revel in mainstay music acts. At 10:30 a.m. The Snake River Six will bring the excitement of Dixieland music and New Orleans style jazz to the Palouse as they have been for over 60 years!
- The Moscow Human Rights Commission. They will provide handouts and information on events and programs occurring in September. City Commissions will be featured at the Market throughout the season for patrons to engage with on various topics.
- U of I College of Agricultural & Life Sciences (CALS) on 5th Street with Master Gardeners. UI Extension’s Idaho Master Gardener Program provides gardeners with opportunities to improve their horticultural knowledge and skills as well as serve their communities. “Helping people grow” is the motto of the program. August’s theme is Seed Saving.
- Bicycle Benefits! City staff will be distributing $2 in Bicycle Benefits tokens per visit to celebrate this sustainable mode of transportation. Show staff your bike helmet with the Bicycle Benefits sticker and receive the incentive. Tokens may be used to shop from all Vendors. Don’t have a Bicycle Benefits sticker? Stickers are available for purchase at the City Tent for $5.
Here are a few reminders to plan a visit to the Moscow Farmers Market:
- 8 to 9 a.m. is the designated shopping hour for at-risk individuals.
- SNAP/EBT, Washington WIC, and Washington SFMNP benefits are welcome by select Vendors.
- Pets, emotional support animals and comfort animals are limited to downtown sidewalks during Market hours. Only Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) service animals are permitted on Main Street. Emotional support, therapy and comfort animals are not covered by the ADA.
- This is a nicotine-free event. No vaping, tobacco chewing, or traditional smoking is permitted.
The Moscow Farmers Market runs every Sat., May through Oct., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Moscow on Main Street and Friendship Square.
Visit the Moscow Farmers Market online for more information: www.ci.moscow.id.us/197/Farmers-Marketwww.facebook.com/MoscowFarmersMarket www.instagram.com/cityofmoscowid/
Story Contact: Amanda Argona, Community Events Manager