May 23, 2022 (Moscow, Idaho) — A planned improvement project on Mountain View Road is scheduled to begin June 6, 2022. The Mountain View Project's purpose is to improve traffic flow and safety from Joseph Street through Sixth Street. Project features include:
- · The widening of the existing 24 foot paved, two lane road to a 36 foot wide, two lane, multi-modal road.
- · Removing and replacing curbs, gutters, sidewalks and tree lawns along the corridor while improving ADA accessibility.
- · Adding a rectangular rapid flash beacon (RRFB) on Seventh Street and Mountain View Road for the pedestrian crossing as well as including intersection improvements at Joseph Street and Mountain View Road.
- · Installing a roundabout at Sixth Street and Mountain View Road for traffic flow and safety improvements.
- · Replace the 6th street Bridge on Paradise Creek
During the project, residents can expect road closures, detours, and possible delays near this location. This will include both Mountain View Road and 6th Street The City appreciates the public's patience as these necessary repairs and upgrades are made to the City's infrastructure.
This project is scheduled for completion Fall of 2022
ADA accessibility is a top priority for the City in all projects. If this project or any other City project is found to be impacting anyone's ability to access public services, please call 208-883-7600.
Every effort will be made to adhere to the contractor’s daily schedule; however, unforeseen circumstances may require adjustment. For questions about the project, including the project schedule or concerns about resident access, please contact the City of Moscow Engineering Division at 208-883-7034.
Story Contact: Scott Bontrager, City Engineer