July 30, 2019 (Moscow, Idaho) — Join the Moscow Police Department on Tuesday, August 6 from 6 to 8 p.m. on Main Street in downtown Moscow for National Night Out. This event is free and open to the public.
More than 16,000 communities participate in National Night Out Events around the world with the event designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support and participation in local anti-crime efforts in an effort to strengthen community policing efforts.
Activities and features planned for the Moscow National Night Out event will include:
- Moscow Police Department – Patrol car, motorcycle and bicycle
- Moscow Volunteer Ambulance – Ambulance
- Moscow Volunteer Fire Department – fire truck
- Moscow Volunteer Fire Department –Smoke House
- Idaho State Police
- Latah County Search and Rescue
- Information on crime prevention materials – ages: child to senior citizen
- Games for the kids
- Car seat Information
- Prescription Drug drop off
- Drunk goggles with toss game
- Free Drawings
- McGruff Crime Prevention Dog and Sparky the Fire Dog
- Live radio station coverage from 6-8 p.m.
- Live Music
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Chalk activity
- Ice cream
National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime” began as an effort to promote involvement in crime prevention activities, police-community partnerships, and sending a message to criminals letting them know that communities are organized and fighting back. National Night Out now involves over 37.8 million people and 16,242 communities from all fifty states, U.S. Territories, Canadian cities, and military bases worldwide.
A Connected Community is a Safer Community.
For more information about the event, please call the Moscow Police Department School Resource Officer, McKenzie Fosberg at 208-883-7054.