Are permanent structures allowed on public right-of-way?

Construction of building structures is not allowed on public right-of-way, however depending on the particular situation, a retaining wall may be permitted. Requests for encroachments are reviewed by Engineering staff to determine the impacts on public property. Engineering staff will approve or deny simple encroachment requests. More complex encroachments require City Council approval.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to dig in the public right-of-way?
2. Can someone from the City come to my house and help me find my property corners?
3. Can City staff tell me where my sewer line exists between my house and the City sewer?
4. What kind of maps do you have and what do they cost can I get a digital drawing?
5. What is the width of the public right-of-way on a particular street?
6. Are permanent structures allowed on public right-of-way?
7. Are two or more homes allowed to connect to the same private sanitary sewer service pipe?
8. Can I widen my private driveway approach (curb cut) onto a public street?
9. Why doesn't the City pave my gravel street?
10. Can I get a map of my property?
11. Where can I obtain the City Engineering Standards?