I’d like to speak with someone regarding an officer’s actions. What should I do?

Your comments are very important to us. If you would like to compliment or complain about an officer’s actions, please:

For complaints, please call us at 208-882-COPS (2677) and ask to speak with a supervisor.

For compliments please call us at 208-882-2677 or write a letter and send it to:

Chief of Police
Moscow Police Department
118 East 4th Street
Moscow, Idaho  83843

In all correspondence, please include the Officer’s name, approximate date and time you interacted with the officer, and the location of the interaction.

Show All Answers

1. Is it safe to walk on campus at night?
2. I locked my keys in a University of Idaho office, what do I do?
3. Where can I be fingerprinted?
4. How do I get a copy of a police report?
5. Where can I find laws on the internet?
6. Where do I pay or contest my parking ticket?
7. How do I request a presentation by a police officer?
8. How do I become a Moscow Police Officer?
9. Does Moscow hire lateral transfers (current police officers from other departments)?
10. How can I identify my belongings to prevent theft?
11. Can I get a Moscow Police patch for my collection?
12. I’d like to speak with someone regarding an officer’s actions. What should I do?
13. What should I do if my car is stopped by a police officer?
14. When a car is stopped, it appears that the officer is “sneaking up” on the driver. At night, the officers shine their lights into the car. Why is that?
15. If I've only been pulled over for a traffic offense, why do other police officers show up?
16. Why does the officer sit in the car for so long? What are they doing?
17. What if you are issued a citation?