If I think that the State law or the City Code is being violated, who can I talk to?

You may contact the City Attorney if you have a concern regarding potential conflicts of interest, failure to honor the procedures, and/or failure to follow the City Code. The City Attorney’s office will discuss the matters with you because it is part of the City Attorney’s job to insure that the Code is followed. If the City Attorney cannot answer your question because of a conflict or an ethical concern, you will be advised of that and directed to another person who can help you. If you believe a crime has been or is being committed, you may also contact the Moscow Police Department, the Latah County Prosecutor at 208-883-2246, or the Idaho Attorney General at 208-334-2400.

Show All Answers

1. Why can I talk privately to a decision maker on a legislative matter but not on a quasi-judicial matter?
2. Why can’t I talk to a decision maker about an upcoming quasi-judicial matter?
3. Why does the applicant get more time than others?
4. Why do staff members sometimes interrupt the process?
5. When is it possible to talk to a City Councilmember or member of a Board or Commission regarding something I feel strongly about?
6. How do I find out about an upcoming meeting or issue?
7. What if I have a suggestion to make to the City that is not scheduled to be discussed at a meeting?
8. If I have a question about process, who can I talk to?
9. Does the City follow Robert’s Rules of Order?
10. If I think that the State law or the City Code is being violated, who can I talk to?
11. How do I get something on the agenda?
12. How do I know if a subject, project or agenda item is legislative versus quasi-judicial?